Sunday, January 31, 2010

Black Forest Biscotti



I came across a chocolate biscotti recipe that I had to try. I made a few adjustments and this is the delicious outcome:


1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup dried cherries
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Beat butter and sugar together until smooth, then beat in eggs. Mix in dry ingredients until blended. Fold in cherries and chocolate.

Divide dough in half. Shape into log 10" to 12" long by 2" wide and 1/2" thick.
I place mine in plastic wrap and shape it while wrapped up and then unwrap it and place in on a silpat on a cookie sheet (parchment paper works great too)

Bake at 350F for 25 minutes; cool 20 minutes.

Slice into 1/2" thick cookies at an angle. Place them cut-side down on the silpat and bake for 15 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Ever Puppy Chow

This really is the Best Ever Puppy Chow Recipe! I've sampled a lot of different puppy chow recipes and this is the only one I can&#...